Practice Area Overview
Over the course of her career, Ms. Hasapidis has developed and refined a highly successful approach to both New York State and federal civil appeals. Her ability to identify and present winning arguments in the brief and oral presentation can make the decisive difference whether you need to reverse or affirm a lower court’s ruling.
Since 1991, she has handled more than 170 appeals, and has worked with trial counsel on a wide range of motions and difficult strategic decisions. She can help make the most of a case at any stage of litigation process.
With more than 17 years experience in New York State and federal litigation, Ms. Hasapidis understands that successful appellate practice depends on more than a mastery of the record, an understanding of the relevant law, and a well-crafted brief. Her insight into the appellate strategies that lead to success can help you resolve such essential issues as:
- The settlement value of your case pending appeal
- The likelihood of a favorable ruling on any given issue for potential appeal
- Identifying a hierarchy of issues to address - which to emphasize, which to mention, and which to abandon
- Matching arguments to the appropriate standard of review for a given issue or assignment of error
- Using the civil and appellate rules to protect your client's interests with respect to bonds or stays of enforcement while the appeal is pending
- Revisiting questions that might have been overlooked or underdeveloped in the pretrial and trial stages, such as jurisdiction.
Because of her uniquely diverse background in many areas of civil litigation, from products liability and employment discrimination litigation to matrimonial cases, Attorney Hasapidis can be relied upon to deliver an outstanding, thorough appellate presentation that keeps the court’s focus squarely where it belongs; convincing the panel why your position should prevail. She can express the merits of your case persuasively and economically in terms that answer the appellate court’s questions with respect to the facts, the law, and the standard of review that will guide their decision.
New York civil appeals attorney Annette Hasapidis has won New York State or federal appeals in the following areas:
- Commercial litigation
- Insurance defense
- Employment litigation
- Matrimonial law
- Probate and estate litigation
- Personal injury cases, from auto accidents to medical malpractice
Whether you need to protect a favorable jury verdict or need to
reverse an adverse ruling at summary judgment or trial, Annette Hasapidis
can help make sure that your strongest arguments on appeal are presented
to their maximum persuasive effect.
Send an E-Mail
P.O. Box 827
South Salem, NY 10590
Ph: (914) 533-3049
Fax: (914) 801-4269
470 Main Street
Ridgefield, Ct. 06877